We're delighted to open entries to the 20th Anniversary edition of the SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™!
As you know, we've been racking our brains about how to make 2018 that little bit special and can now reveal the following:
- We're hiring in luxury dining options at the overnight camps. Save yourself the hassle of cooking for a few extra pounds - think wood-fired pizza for instance.
- The Wainwright course will, naturally, feature a fitting 20 Wainwrights!
- Joe Faulkner, GL3D founder (1998) and 4x Berghaus Dragon's Back Race finisher, will be speaking at 20:30 on Friday 4th about the early days of the event + life in endurance running + Q&A + a selection of films - [places limited]
- Exclusive 15% discount code to use in The Climbers Shop (or Joe Brown), online or in the local stores from the moment you enter.
- Our awesome event sponsor, SILVA, will be offering a complimentary drink of your choice at an overnight camp (1 per person).
- Eat, drink, chill out and be merry: The great atmosphere in the professionally erected marquee at the Great Langdale site last year is here to stay with both overnight camps in 2018 planned with a similar inside-space in mind.
- A hot drink and complimentary cake will be available after each day's running.
- The infamous 8pm SILVA raffle will be bigger and better for 2018!
But that's just the new stuff. A 2018 entry includes all of the above, plus:
- Transportation of your overnight kit between each overnight campsite
- Participation in the UK's only 3-day mountain marathon
- A choice of 3 different courses (Expert, Wainwright, and Café)
- Flexibility to switch between courses each day
- SPORTident race timing for course split times and official results (including loan of dibbers to each participant)
- Bespoke, accurate and waterproof pre-marked maps for each participant
- Event Centre campsite on Friday 4th May and free parking for the weekend
- Overnight campsite on Saturday 5th May and Sunday 6th May
- Free and unlimited hot water (not for washing!) at the Event Centre and Overnight Camps
- Finishers' meal + cake - *new* Wilf's veg & bean casserole with cheese & bread - for all participants on Monday 7th May
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
We really hope you can join us for the 20th anniversary event. As ever, we'd be delighted to see you on the entry list - any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.
The SILVA GL3D team