2012, 2013, 2014 GL3D™ - Sold Out | 2015 GL3D™ - 95% Full | 2016 GL3D™ - Sold Out | 2017 GL3D™ - 97% Full
Date of Next Event: 5-7th May 2018 (Early May Bank Holiday)
|Early Bird Entry Price
June 2017 - October 2017
|Standard Entry Price
November 2017 - March 2018
|Late Entry Price
|£150 per person||£170 per person||£190 per person|
Please note - only 'solo' entries are possible in 2018. This is to best facilitate the opportunity for those running in informal pairs to split up more easily and allow the results to display most legibly! Fear not, we still absolutely encourage the tradition of pairs starting and finishing together on the event.
The entry Price for the 20th Anniversary SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™ 2018 includeS the following:
- Hot drink and complimentary cake after each day of running
- Transportation of your overnight kit between each overnight campsite
- Participation in the UK's only 3-day mountain marathon
- 1x complimentary drink on SILVA per person [e.g. beer, hot drink, pop]
- A choice of 3 different courses (Expert, Wainwright, and Café)
- Flexibility to switch between courses each day
- Optional luxury food (think wood-fired pizza*) availability at overnight camps (save cooking!)
- Professionally erected participants' marquee** at each overnight camp
- The infamous 8pm SILVA raffle at each overnight camp.
- SPORTident race timing for course split times and official results (including loan of dibbers to each participant)
- Exclusive 15% discount code to use in The Climbers Shop, online or in the Ambleside shop
- Bespoke, accurate and waterproof pre-marked maps for each participant
- Event Centre campsite on Friday 4th May and free parking for the weekend
- Overnight campsite on Saturday 5th May and Sunday 6th May
- Free and unlimited hot water (not for washing!) at the Event Centre and Overnight Camps
- Finishers' meal + cake - *new* Wilf's veg & bean casserole* with cheese & bread - for all participants on Monday 7th May
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
Places are limited to retain the unique, friendly atmosphere of the event.
* Exact vendors to be confirmed.
** We'll try and arrange for severe gusts of wind not to flatten the marquee before you arrive at the second camp this year!
Decisions decisions. 2015 GL3D. Photo ©iancorless.com
- 19:00 Friday Night Cinema - £5: Relax at the Event Centre the night before the journey begins with a ~90 minute selection of inspiring films.
- 20:30 Friday Night 20th Anniversary special - £5: An evening with Joe Faulkner (GL3D founder & 4x Berghaus Dragon's Back Race™ finisher) who held the first GL3D event in 1998 + life in endurance running + a selection of films.
- Friday Night Meal - £8: Take the hassle out of cooking your pre-race meal; complement the above with a tasty vegetarian sausage casserole* with bloomer bread and cake + custard dessert.
- Saturday Morning Breakfast - £5: scrambled egg sandwich + large bowl of muesli or cereal with semi-skimmed milk + hot drink of choice.
- Official 20th Anniversary SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™ Event T-shirt - a highly commemorative t-shirt with a bespoke wordcloud of 2018 checkpoints. Colour to be confirmed. Available in the following options:
- Tech tee - £21.95
- Organic Cotton tee - £21.95
Food and t-shirts are only available if booked in advance. Deadline for ordering t-shirts is Sunday 8th April 2018. Deadline for ordering food is Sunday 22nd April 2018. Tickets for the cinema showings are limited to the capacity of our marquee cinema!
*(allergens: celery (and celeriac), sulphites & sulphur dioxide)