We're enjoying putting the final touches to the 2017 SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™ event, and would like to share a whole bunch of updates before we meet you at the end of April.
This April 29th to May 1st - 3 days of extraordinary Lake District journeys with 3 self-navigated courses to choose from. Includes overnight kit transport, complimentary cake & optional beerPosted by SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day on Tuesday, 28 March 2017
We’re delighted to welcome SILVA on board - check out the news.
CLIMBERS SHOP - DISCOUNT CODE
Our partnership with The Climbers Shop in Ambleside means that participants receive a discount of 15% off an order before 19th May both online or in the shop itself. This code has been emailed to participants only.
Deadlines for all Optional Extras are next Sunday 16th April
All of items 1-4 below must be ordered by the above date through SI Entries by the entry owner - simply "Edit Entry"
1) Friday Night Best of ShAFF cinema ticket - £6
The super-popular Best of ShAFF film screening (sold out last year!) will this year be hosted inside on proper seats with a bar close to hand! Choose from 7pm or 8.30pm showings of the following:
- A Shepherd's Hand (5 mins) - introduced by our very own star and Event Team member Geoff Cox!
- Beauties And The Bog (9 mins)
- Life On The Fells (5 mins)
- Mt Marathon (10 mins)
- Cape Wrath Ultra (31 mins)
2) Friday night meal - £6
Take the hassle out of cooking your pre-race meal and complement the above film night with a tasty vege sausage casserole with bloomer* main meal and cake + custard dessert.
Oh, and we’ll be selling local beer to wash that down with :)
3) Saturday morning breakfast
There’s also the option to add on Saturday morning breakfast items as follows to save the hassle of provisioning your own:
- £2 - Scrambled egg sandwich
- £1 - Large bowl of muesli/cereal
4) Official Event T-Shirt - £19.95
We are delighted to announce that we have chosen a high-quality organic cotton style T-shirt for pre-order only, and there is still time to purchase one for a truly meaningful piece of memorabilia (it will have all the 2017 checkpoint locations in a word cloud).
Sorry, we had to blur the word-cloud of all the checkpoint locations, but you get the idea...
All of items 1-4 above must be ordered by Sunday 16th April through SI Entries by the entry owner - simply "Edit Entry"
Recommended overnight kit drybag
Although other drybags are available (and welcome), we highly recommend this PD350 Ortlieb dry bag as it is perfect for the purpose of the SILVA GL3D.
We insist on a standardised drybag for all participants for four reasons:
1) Fairness - Every participant has the same maximum weight and sized bags.
2) Safety - We need to lift and manoeuvre several hundred drybags twice per day.
3) Transport – Drybags must be very similar sizes for optimum stacking and packing whilst they are transported AND there is a maximum load limit that each vehicle must stay within.
4) Weather - Once at the overnight camp/finish, the drybags are stored outside, no matter the weather conditions!
Starting at £22.50 for free UK delivery (£26.50 for European delivery)
On sale until Monday 24th April for UK delivery (Thursday 20th April for European delivery).
Hopefully you’ll have seen the news on the newly revamped courses for 2017, we’re really excited that participants at the 2017 event will be the first to test out the new Expert, Wainwright, and Café courses.
We have finished putting the final touches to the map; the final distances and height gains now weigh in as follows:
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Total|
|Café Course||20km / 1,350m||21km / 1,500m||18km / 1000m||59km / 3,850m|
|Wainwright Course||36km / 2,300m||29km / 2,150m||23km / 1,350m||88km / 5,800m|
|Expert Course||47km / 3,200m||32km / 2,500m||29km / 1350m||108km / 7050m|
That's all for this update, all final details will be released shortly after Easter,